Wednesday, October 30, 2013

When are we going to decorate our front porch?

 The kids have been noticing cute Halloween porches all season.  Of course ours was not decorated.  Yesterday, they asked me, "When are we going to decorate our front porch. So I went to the Farmers Market in Preston and got our 3 pumpkins for $5.00.  I felt pretty good about it.
 We got carving and made them stick their hands in and pick some guts out.  You can see what Linden thought about that.  He wanted a traditional jack-o-lantern because he had been learning about them at school.
It didn't bother Sarah as much, but she thought it was a little gross.When we asked Sarah what she wanted, she told us a princess of course.  Ryan came through with his great drawing and carving skills.

 
 Mandee on the other hand wouldn't let us put our hands in to scrape our her pumpkin.  It was a fight.  I was planning to make dinner in a pumpkin with hers because I didn't think she would care.  Wrong.  She wanted to clean it out and have it carved.  She was so excited.

The finished product.  They are each standing by their pumpkin.

When we lit the candles inside.  Mandee said, "Happy Birthday!"  She's got the wrong holiday but she saw a lit candle and was just positive it was time to sing Happy Birthday.  The kids were in awe of their beautiful pumpkins and love our decorated porch.

1 comment:

Grandpa Van - Grandma Greta said...

Very fun jack-o-lanterns or should I say princess-o-lanterns? It doesn't look like you had any fun at all. Thanks for blogging. We sure love you all.